Monday 16 October 2017

Brighton Rock



Last weekend, I had the absolute pleasure of visiting a place that I've been wanting to visit for so so long now, and that place is Brighton! I have always wanted to go (well ever since I watched Quadrophenia when I was about fifteen) but have always put off going because of the long car journey. To my surprise though, my mum and her partner surprised me by booking a weekend away there for us all! It couldn't have come at a lovelier time either as after the joys of being back at university had worn off after three weeks when talk of assignments and reading began to rear their head, it was such a lovely time to get away and have a lil break.

When we arrived in Brighton we headed straight to The Breakfast Club to grab some well deserved brunch after the incredibly long car journey *Yawn*. Now this was somewhere my mum had already told me about and I was informed on how incredible it was and as a huge fan of the eighties classic film of which the restaurant is named after, I was super excited to go. And  I was definitely not let down! The place itself was absolutely adorable it had this whole kitsch tiki kinda vibe with pink flamingos, giant plants and even the most bizarre framed photo of pat butcher, it was just so cool! And dont even get me started about the food, basically the place serves only brunch all day errryday which is perf because I loveee breakfast so of course I ordered a huge stack of bacon and pancakes!!



Anyway after filling our stomachs, we then went and explored the lanes of Brighton and I'm not exaggerating when I say I was literally in heaven! There was oh so many vintage, record and indie shops it was amazing. There were also just so many quirky little places and it was just all so cool, its definitely somewhere I can see myself living when I'm older. We generally spent the day wandering around all the lanes, exploring The Royal Pavilion and sipping on coffee in the many coffee shops that Brighton has to offer. I even stumbled across the most incredible indie shop that sold clothes, pins, records, patches and the coolest art prints but all from various different illustrators. It was just so unusual and everything was just so unique so of course I had to pick up a few things from there, including the most amazing David Attenborough t-shirt, I know, I know sounds incredible right.




Another thing that I absolutely loved about Brighton, was the insane street art. If you've been reading my blog for a while, you'll know that one of the things I love about Manchester, is the amount of street art that riddles the streets of the northern quarter.  So obviously when I saw some of the coolest street art in Brighton, I was super impressed. One of Brighton's famous street artists 'Minty' had soo many incredible pieces pasted on street walls everywhere and they were just so colourful and creative, it just brightened up even the dingiest of streets, it was all just so so cool!






 

 

 


 


 


 




 

Anyway, the weekend was just overly lovely and I can't express to you enough how much I fell in love with the city, from its little pebble beach to the most perfect plant shop to the record shops and the most insane street art, Brighton from head to toe was just incredible. I'm 100% going to be returning very soon and hopefully maybe it'll even be somewhere I call home some day in the future.


The Clueless Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment